A gift to your family, sparing them hard decisions at an emotional time.
It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
Offer a gift of comfort and beauty to a family suffering from loss.
Gilpin Funeral Chapel
SERVING THE FAMILIES OF LAMBTON SHORES SINCE 1945
In 1945, responding to an advertisement in a trade magazine, Doug Gilpin travelled to Thedford with his wife and young son to purchase the Thedford Funeral Home from Ernest Zavitz. Here he founded Gilpin Furniture, Funeral and Ambulance service.
An active member of the community, Doug and his family quickly became familiar to his neighbours and friends representing Thedford on the North Lambton Secondary School Board, in the Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority, and as a member of the Pinehill Cemetary Board and St. Paul’s Anglican Church in Thedford.
Earning his degree from the Canadian School of Embalming in 1965, Ron joined his father in Thedford, working and learning from his father before assuming control of the business in 1975. In 1989, Ron expanded the family business to Forest founding Gilpin Funeral Chapel, which now serves as the primary location.
In 2002, Ron's son Rob continued the family tradition and graduated from Funeral Service Education at Humber College.